Project Warm serves people in your community
Since 1982 Project Warm has provided free weatherization services for people who meet the eligibility criteria, including both home owners and renters.We also provide Energy Management Workshops throughout the Louisville Metro area. Our annual Blitz service project enlists over 600 volunteers who work in teams to winterize homes of seniors and disabled residents.
We're a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization funded in part by LG&E, UPS, Metro Louisville, Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels, the Gheens Foundation and the donations of many generous businesses and individuals like you.
Please select one of the options at left to contact us.
What's Happening Now...
Come on out to 'Just Creations' on Tuesday, December 2, 6:00-8:00 PM. We'll be there with hot cider and home made cookies. Your Holiday Shopping will benefit Project Warm.Just Creations, 2722 Frankfort Ave. Louisville, KY 40206, Phone: (502) 897-7319
Every year, Just Creations partners with local not-for-profit organizations to sponsor Holiday Shopping Nights and occasional Community Shopping Nights during Frankfort Avenue’s Trolley Hop on the last Friday of the month. During these special nights, members and supporters of the organizations are invited to shop and Just Creations donates 15% of the evening’s sales to the group. These events introduce new customers to Just Creations and provide an enjoyable fundraiser for the group. Mark your calendars now and plan to join us on these special evenings. Shop on these nights and your gift will be a gift that gives three times – once to the gift recipient; once to the artisans who skillfully craft these items and receive fair wages that enable them to support their families; and once to these groups working to provide vital services to the Louisville Community.
BLITZ 2014 Volunteers:
A big thank you from Project Warm and all the people in Louisville who benefitted by your generous donation of your time and talents to lend a hand these past two Saturdays.Thank you:
- Bicycling for Louisville and LG&E bicycle teams!
- Assumption High School
- Atherton High School
- Fairdale High School
- duPont Manual High School 'Y' Club
- Trinity High School
- and especially Ben Kresse and St Xavier High School students, teachers, coaches and parents.
- LG&E employees and their families
- University of Louisville students
- McConnell Scholars
- ASCE Engineering students
- Bonner Leaders Americorps
- Harvey Browne Presbyterian Church
- Bardstown Road Presbyterian Church
- Holy Trinity Catholic Church
- Thomas Jefferson Unitarian Church
- Unity Church Men's Group
- Westport Road Church of Christ Youth Group
- Kentucky Dept of Probation and Parole employees
- Jefferson County Teachers Association
- Fairness Campaign
- Stock Yards Bank employees
- Johnson Controls employees
- Louisville TimeBank
- and all the individual friend and family teams
Amazing accomplishment, volunteers!ENERGY MANAGEMENT WORKSHOPS: November 2014 Schedule Nov 11 workshop at Atkinson Elementary will be rescheduled due to snow day. December 2014 Schedule We have added 30 minute workshops at the Urban Government Center to help LIHEAP applicants lower their LG&E bill. Nov and Dec dates and times (click here)
The 2015 Green Spark Awards and Luncheon is Tuesday, April 21 at the Olmsted. Click HERE to learn more. Last year's Green Spark Award went to UPS for their new LEED building, James Bruggers for writing on environmental issues for the Courier Journal, Assumption High School's Environmental Concerns Committee for their Garbology video and raising environmental stewardship awareness at the school, Louisville Grows for their work building urban food gardens and Bernheim Forest and Research Center for their nature-based education programs.
Past News and Events...Oct 14, 2014: "IT'S MY HOME!" workshop with energy conservation conversation, lots of DIY information and especially well received was the discussion about how to prioritize energy saving upgrades. Check out these links to related articles and videos.
Sept 22, 2014: Courier Journal's Community Challenge article. Here's a link
August 9, 2014: Our first "It's My Home!" workshop was a success! David and Daniel from YouthBuild Louisville were there with us early on a Saturday morning to welcome everyone who registered. Everyone was engaged and engaging. Off to a good start!
August 6, 2014: Project Warm volunteer, Joe Gahlinger, repairs the door leading to a wheelchair ramp. Read more in the Courier Journal article.
July 30, 2014: Announcing a NEW series of classes and workshops at Youth Build Louisville's campus. There will be lot's of hands-on activities, information about insulation, air sealing, energy rebates, etc. We'll have handouts and links to more resources. Registration is open now. Call 502-636-9276 or click here for more info Class size is limited.
July 7 and August 4, 2014: New! Summer Energy Management Workshops at the LG&E Customer Payment Center lobby at 9th and Broadway.
Mayor Fisher's Give a Day of Service: Retired electricians Mike and Mick, volunteered with Project Warm staffer Ron Washington to weatherize the home of a Shelby Park senior couple. Awesome work guys!
Project Warm collaboration: Working with USGBC/Kentucky's Chris Zitelli to coordinate the weatherization of a home in the Shawnee neighborhood working with area contractors, YouthBuild Louisville apprentices, WeCare's Honeywell crew and Metro Louisville Dept of Community Services and Revitalization's Emergency Repair Program.
- Project Warm's Energy Management Workshops help over 1200 households to better manage their energy usage and learn how to install the free kit of weatherization materials.
- Project Warm volunteers help 300 senior and disabled home owners and renters to winterize their windows. Volunteers air-seal windows, check smoke detectors, and recommend community resources for other identified needs.
- Project Warm weatherization specialist, Ron Washington mentors and works with YouthBuild Louisville students.
- Project Warm collaborates with LG&E's WECARE Program to provide weatherization services for eligible home owners and renters.